Download discussion questions Job BS booklet (166 kb)
- What were the peoples priorities when they returned to Jerusalem? (vs 2-4)
- What did they say about God’s temple?
- What was the result of the peoples misplaced priorities? (vs 5-6)
- What should they do instead? (vs 7-8)
- How did they respond to Haggai’s prophecy? (vs 12)
- Haggai was asking the people to put God’s priorities, in this case rebuilding the temple, ahead of their own. What encouragement does God give to do this? (vs 13)
- Jesus says in Matthew 6:33, “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” In what ways do you still seek your own priorities before Gods?
- Do Jesus’ final words in Matt 28:20b encourage you to do this?